Thursday, September 6, 2018

Cheap and chic industrial style laptop stand

When I needed a side table/ laptop stand I was looking for something industrial until I saw the price tag. Most options were well over a hundred dollars so I went searching for an IKEA hack. After some searching, I found the IKEA VITTSJÖ which has a metal frame. I measured the chair I wanted to use it with and it was snug but fit over the arm.

IKEA items used:
  • VITTSJÖ Laptop stand, black-brown, glass
Other materials and tools:
Industrial laptop stand hack instructions.

1. Assemble the VITTSJÖ Laptop stand.

Industrial style Laptop stand

2. Cut a piece of wood to the length of the table. I wanted it to fit the entire surface, not just replace the glass, so I measured to the ends.

Industrial style Laptop stand

3. Prep the wood. Sand the wood, starting with the 120 grit and moving on to the 220.

4. Stain the wood. Apply with a brush and blend with a rag. I need 2 coats. Let it dry completely between coats.

Industrial style Laptop stand
Industrial style Laptop stand

5. Lastly, finish with varnish to protect the surface.

And you’re done!

For full tutorial, please go to my blog.

~ by Laura

The post Cheap and chic industrial style laptop stand appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


Cheap and chic industrial style laptop stand published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment