Thursday, December 28, 2017

Kroby, the snake lamp

My name is Gille Monte Ruici, I make sculptures, and particularly bots, starting from recycled matter and of waste.

Few months ago I already sent you two hacks. (See them here and here).

Here is a new one, called : KROBY the snake lamp.

To do this I used a KROBY light fixture.

KROBY lamp

Photo: IKEA.com

Originally, I had the standard model. I wanted to customize the luminaire to match the spirit of the room, where it is now installed.

I kept the structure, which I completed with metal washbasin siphons. These twists thus represent the body of a snake.

Gille Monte Ruici - snake lamp

At each end, I dressed the lamps with grid lamp shades. Finally I fixed barbecue hooks reminiscent of the mouth of the snake with its venomous hook. The set gives a very airy and unique support!

Gille Monte Ruici - snake lamp

See the catalogue of Gille’s works or connect with him on facebook.

His robots are also featured in the book Assembled: Transform Everyday Objects Into Robots.

~ by Gille Monte Ruici


Gille’s IKEA robot lamps
kvart robot lamp

The IKEA KVART lamps were added to these bots as “arms”. See more.

ikea kvarts robot lamp

This is a younger version of the KVART bots, with the addition of 2 feet from a Sultan bed, besides KVART lamps. Read more.


The post Kroby, the snake lamp appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


Kroby, the snake lamp published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment