Friday, November 3, 2017

Out with the old, in with a new built-in closet

IKEA items used:

  • BRIMNES wardrobe with 2 doors (usually £89, but was on sale for £59)

brimnes-wardrobe
Photo: IKEA.com

The upstairs flat that I bought had a terrible old cupboard set in to the wall in the small room (actually added above the stairs).

Old wardrobe - before

Old wardrobe - before

Instead of making a new cupboard, I enlarged the hole and created a new frame the exact right size for a BRIMNES wardrobe.

New opening for built-in closet

New opening for built-in closet

New opening for built-in closet

Because I was doing this on my own, and didn’t think I could lift the whole cupboard on my own, I built the wardrobe just outside the hole, resting on a large toolbox, then slid it into the hole, and added a nice surround later.

BRIMNES built-in closet to replace old awkward cupboard

~ by Peter Johnson

The post Out with the old, in with a new built-in closet appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


Out with the old, in with a new built-in closet published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment