Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Hackers Help: How to reinforce PAX back panels?

Hello,

Just about to order 100cm wide PAX wardrobes.

The PAX back panels seem a bit flimsy and I am guessing that they will bulge if anything is pushed against them from the inside of the wardrobe.

How to reinforce PAX back panels

PAX | IKEA.com

Does anyone have a suggestion for backing them up? I was thinking of fixing some ply battens across the back. Say 10cm wide 9mm thick, spaced 50cm vertically. Any views from anyone?

~ by Malcolm

***

Hi Malcolm

Yes, you are right. The PAX back panels are a bit flimsy and will bulge if you lean something against it, from inside.

I’ve not had a need to reinforce the back panels of my PAX wardrobe, so I’ve not given this a go.
But, I think your idea of ply battens should work.

Anyone else with a brilliant idea?

Jules


Other Hackers Help questions on the IKEA PAX

#1 Can I turn regular PAX units into a corner wardrobe?

I am thinking of purchasing a PAX wardrobe to fit on a little corner on my entry room. I really like the new design of PAX for the corner wardrobe, the problem is that the corner unit is very similar to a regular unit but almost 3 times the price!

See the answers.

#2 How to make sliding closet doors for PAX?

I need a hack for PAX wardrobe system, I cannot afford IKEA’s sliding closet doors and I was wondering if there are any hacks that can turn a regular wardrobe door to a sliding door?

See the answers.

#3 IKEA kitchen doors on PAX frame?

According to your experience, is it possible to use KUNGSBACKA IKEA kitchen doors on PAX units?

We have two PAX units in the entryway and would like to change their doors and use KUNGSBACKA ones. Our kitchen is KUNGSBACKA and we love it a lot!

See the answers.

#4 How to shorten PAX wardrobes?

I moved into a new house with a huge open closet room with no storage. I designed my entire walk-in gorgeous closet using the PAX system, but now have realized my ceiling is too low. The ceiling is 78 1/4” tall. Can the PAX system be cut down? Would you cut the bottom or the top?

See the answers.


The post Hackers Help: How to reinforce PAX back panels? appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


Hackers Help: How to reinforce PAX back panels? published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment