Friday, April 27, 2018

Loft beds using IKEA KRITTER kid’s beds

I just wanted to share an idea that can help people with limited space and want to re-use KRITTER type of kid’s beds for making loft beds.

KRITTER beds

The messy BEFORE. Space was tight

Materials for our KRITTER loft beds:

Related: Hack a KRALLAX, a toddler mid-sleeper bed


We had 2 KRITTER beds from IKEA. And my 2 daughters needed space for their study tables. My idea was to make 2 loft beds so I could install a table on top of 2 drawers.

First, I purchased some 25mm thickness boards and copied the same holes as the boards that the KRITTER beds have.

Loft beds using IKEA KRITTER kid's beds

AFTER! Study tables tucked neatly beneath the elevated KRITTER beds

Then, I reinforced the bed using lateral stiffeners. This way the beds were strong enough. But the addition of some lateral buffers from wall-to-wall made the beds really stable.


Related: Doubling the single KRITTER beds into bunk beds


I used 4 STUVA drawers and placed 2 table tops on top of them.

Loft beds using IKEA KRITTER kid's beds

With the leftover bits of the table tops, I made some the ladder.

~ by Aitor

The post Loft beds using IKEA KRITTER kid’s beds appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


Loft beds using IKEA KRITTER kid’s beds published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment