Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Hackers Help: Fix broken Spar on MALM Chest?

As you can see in the attached photos, my MALM drawers have developed a broken spar. (I have to presume through transportation when we moved house).

Fix broken Spar on MALM Chest?

Items:

  • MALM 3×2 Drawers

MALM | IKEA.com

My partner did a bodge fix by putting white tape around it, but it naturally stays in a bent position now. I will be asking if I can get a replacement spar from the workshop next time I’m in IKEA.

Fix broken Spar on MALM Chest?

My question is, is it possible/ is there a method to replace this spar without having to take the majority of the unit to pieces?

We are intending to update the furniture in our bedroom and my step-daughter will be receiving the drawers, I’d like for her to have it complete, rather than with the broken spar as it is now.

Thanks everyone.

~ by Steve Passmoor


Join us on IKEAhackers Community Facebook Group

This is where we share our IKEA hacks, news, style and spaces. Also we get to help one another with our IKEA “problems”. Let’s do this! And have fun. View Group.


You may also like these Hackers Help questions:

How to reinforce PAX back panels?

How do I turn an IKEA dresser into a laundry hamper?

I need advice on this bookcase over radiator hack

Can I exchange a HEMNES footboard for a MALM?

Is it possible to open the MALM dressing table drawer completely?


The post Hackers Help: Fix broken Spar on MALM Chest? appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


Hackers Help: Fix broken Spar on MALM Chest? published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment