Thursday, February 14, 2019

Easy tweak for a new dining buffet with hutch

I turned an old IKEA LEKSVIK cabinet into a dining buffet with hutch.

IKEA item used:
  • LEKSVIK glass door cabinet. (Some items in the LEKSVIK range are still available, but this particular cabinet model does not seem to be in production anymore.)
IKEA LEKSVIK

IKEA LEKSVIK – before

Other materials:

Instructions for dining buffet with hutch

To make my dining buffet with hutch, all I need to do was to apply a simple coat of flat black paint to make it match my dining room furniture. I painted the inside of the glass cabinet too.

Then I nailed on a birch backing, cut to size, to fill the cavity between the lower cabinet and upper glass cabinet. I painted the birch backing board in the same colour as well.

Easy tweak for a new dining buffet with hutch

It looks fabulous and is a great fit in my dining room.

Easy tweak for a new dining buffet with hutch

~ by Jeff


You may also like these dining cabinet hacks

#1 Tall and elegant glass dining cabinet

dining cabinet

The empty wall between the kitchen and dining area was very disturbing, even screaming at me to fill it with something. I came up with a hack on the IKEA MALSJO cabinet turning it into a tall glass cabinet.

#2 BILLY China Cabinet

IKEA BILLY china cabinet

I wanted to share my China Cabinet hack that I recently installed. I had been searching for a couple of years for the perfect china cabinet for my breakfast nook. I wanted it to be tall, approximately 60 inches wide, and no more than 15 inches deep.

Glass doors on top and closed storage on the bottom. Also needed integrated lighting and glass shelves. Nothing I found had all of the requirements I needed, so I decided to hack my own. BILLY was exactly what I needed! See the IKEA BILLY China Cabinet hack.

#3 Dining room sideboard from the HEMNES

dining room sideboard

We took our unused large, black HEMNES dresser and repurposed it into a dining room sideboard. First we removed the four large drawers and their drawer slides. The holes were filled and sanded and the entire base was painted with two coats of white paint. See the rest of the tutorial.


The post Easy tweak for a new dining buffet with hutch appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


Easy tweak for a new dining buffet with hutch published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment