Thursday, December 8, 2016

IVAR, all grown up

This Ikea Ivar cabinet spent some time as a plain Ivar cabinet with white paint and two knobs. It was finally time to give it a makeover and take it to the next level.

DIY Ikea Ivar cabinet makeover

Materials needed:

  • 1″ x 2″ boards
  • 2″ x 2″ boards
  • 1 x 3″ boards
  • Screen molding
  • 3/4″ plywood
  • Paint
  • Cabinet Pulls
  • Gold spray paint

I started by building the frame out of 2×2 boards and painted it gold.

IVAR Cabinet makeover

I attached the screen molding on the front to create the faux drawers and door. I also attached some boards on the sides to give the cabinet a finished look.

DIY Ikea Ivar cabinet Hack - attaching trim

I attached a top made of plywood and 1 x 3 boards.

IVAR Cabinet makeover - top

The entire piece got my favorite red paint and pretty gold knobs.

DIY Ikea Ivar cabinet Hack painted

Full step by step details of the makeover are on my blog.

I love how it turned out and it fits right in with my red color scheme in the dining and kitchen!

~ by Anika

The post IVAR, all grown up appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


IVAR, all grown up published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment