Thursday, December 29, 2016

Hackers Help: Stain color for Hemnes?

hemnes-bed-frame__0174558_PE328213_S4

Photo: IKEA.com

So I’ve got a black-brown HEMNES bed and a coffee table.

On the table I’ve noticed a nick, and on the end of the HEMNES bed, there are a few very light scratches. On one of the scratches its almost as if the lacquer has just been nicked because it still looks dark underneath.

I’m just wondering what stain to use. I’m not sure how they achieve the colour.  There was a suggestion on one site online that the wood itself is stained a chocolate brown and then a black lacquer applied. Not sure how true this is. I’m based in the UK so if there are any stains and lacquers anyone could recommend  I would be grateful. Thanks

The post Hackers Help: Stain color for Hemnes? appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


Hackers Help: Stain color for Hemnes? published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment