Monday, September 26, 2016

Drum sticks display with STAJLIG, BESTÅ and DIODER

My name is Anders. I am a IKEA IT Technician from Sweden that really like drums and drumming. I needed a nice way to display my drum sticks. Ikeahackers.net is a great inspiration but I did not find anything that suited me. Then I thought, why not hack something? Here is what I came up with.

Drum sticks display with STAJLIG, BESTÅ and DIODER

This is what I used:

1 STAJLIG Multifunction hanger, white in/outdoor. Article Number: 103.170.70
1 STAJLIG Hanger, in/outdoor, white 5 pack. Article Number: 002.914.19
1 BESTÅ Frame, white. Article Number: 002.459.17
1 BESTÅ Suspension rail, silver-colour. Article Number: 302.848.46
1 DIODER LED 4-piece lighting strip set, white. Article Number: 001.194.19
Some drills, a screwdriver, a knife, a clamp, a small bolt cutters and a
heater.

1. First I mounted the BESTÅ frame. The frame has brackets for legs but I chose to turn that side up and not use the legs.

2. To make the holder I cut the STAJLIG Multifunction hanger at the top with the small bolt cutters so I got a long piece to use to bend it.

Cut the hanger

3. Before bending the holder I heated it up a little with the heater. Not too much. I could still hold it with my hands. If I did not heat it up the paint would crack when I bend it.

Heat up the wire

4. To bend the holder I fastened it with a clamp and then bent it by hand.
Bending the wire by hand

5. After bending to right shape I cut it to right length.

Cut to right length

6. To stop the sticks from gliding I made a bracket from a STAJLIG Hanger.

Make a bracket from the hanger

7. The holder and bracket was fasten by drilling holes in the bottom and back of the BESTÅ frame. I used a tape on the drill so I shouldn’t drill too deep.

Drill

8. The final touch was to mount the DIODER LED lights. BESTÅ frame has a predrilled hole for adjusting the legs. I used that for the wire to one light bar and drilled one more for the other.

Wire holders in the BESTA frame

I cut the cover nobs for the leg brackets with a knife so the wire would fit.

Wiring the DIODER

After mounting the BESTÅ frame to the wall using BESTÅ Suspension rail I am really happy with the result.

Drum sticks display hacked from STAJLIG, BESTÅ and DIODER

~ by Anders Berglund, Sweden

The post Drum sticks display with STAJLIG, BESTÅ and DIODER appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


Drum sticks display with STAJLIG, BESTÅ and DIODER published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment