Friday, August 12, 2016

BROKÖ firepit repurposed as a pretty side table

BROKÖ firepit repurposed as a pretty side table

IKEA items used:

  • BROKÖ outdoor firepit
  • HAMMARP countertop sink cutout

I have loved the BROKÖ outdoor firepit since I first laid eyes on it. But living in a hot tropical island I couldn’t justify purchasing one as it would never be used.

Recently I renovated my kitchen and used the HAMMARP countertop. I already made sure to have enough leftover countertop to use as a coffee/side table top on the VITTSJÖ laptop table, the easiest and commonest hack of them all.

When the installation crew cut out the hole for the sink, I knew I had to use that piece on a second side table, and started looking around for pretty legs to match my space.

And then remembered the BROKÖ.

I simply assembled the BROKÖ as per IKEA instructions, and covered the top with the HAMMARP. To secure the top I drilled in 2 screws, in diagonally opposite sides on the countertop, so that they fit on the inside of the BROKÖ opening.

And voila! my side table is ready! :)

~ by Iliada Michaelidou

The post BROKÖ firepit repurposed as a pretty side table appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


BROKÖ firepit repurposed as a pretty side table published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment