Friday, February 3, 2017

Wood you like to give your IKEA BESTÅ TV unit a new look?

IKEA BESTÅ TV unit wrapped in cypress wood

Materials:
2 IKEA BESTÅ TV units, screwed together, with drawers and doors.

I love my IKEA BESTÅ TV units but it was a little too much white for my taste. I purchased several planks of cypress, ripped them down to about 6 ½ inches each, and edge joined them with the help of my pocket hole jig.

cypress wood cut to size cypress wood

I ripped the complete piece down to a width 18″ and then cross cut 2 pieces that would be the skirts for the sides of the TV unit. I attached the skirts, sanded all of the exposed sides, and then sealed the wood with an oil based sealer.

Attach the sides to the planks Waterfall joint

IKEA BESTA TV cabinet wrapped in cypress

~ by Ian Keith

The post Wood you like to give your IKEA BESTÅ TV unit a new look? appeared first on IKEA Hackers.


Wood you like to give your IKEA BESTÅ TV unit a new look? published first on www.ikeahackers.net

No comments:

Post a Comment